BSc (Hons) Clinical Psychology
On this course you will learn about the different explanations for mental health problems, how they can be treated and how service users and carers can shape mental health services.
You will be introduced to key concepts in clinical psychology such as patient assessment, formulation and professional and ethical conduct. There is an emphasis on practical skills and reflective practice throughout the course in addition to studying topics such as addiction, psychosis, cognitive and emotional impairments, and depression.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Being a Psychologist
• Genes to Mind
• Mind to World
• Introduction to Mental Health
• Introduction to Clinical Psychology
• Psychological Research Design and Analysis
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification