BSc (Hons) Computer Science
As the use of the internet, ‘big data, simulation, and automation continue to grow, so does the need for computing scientists who can provide real solutions to real problems.
This course has been designed so you can meet the demands of high-performance computing in the industry. You will learn software development, machine architecture, problem modelling and parallel computing – among other things.
The main emphasis of this degree is on the development of advanced software and the use of cutting-edge ideas to enable you to work with data on a massive scale – something employers are increasingly demanding.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to C#
• Mathematics for Computer Science
• Fundamentals of Computer Systems
• Application Development
• Ethics, Professionalism and Employability in Computing
• Software Lifecycle Group Development Project
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification