Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering: Structural (Blended Learning)
This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry. Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
The society in which we live today is fundamentally dependent on the structures that structural engineers design and deliver. This graduate certificate addresses a very fundamental requirement in our society, the ability to provide structural engineering services which deliver safe and reliable structures. You will be able to identify, critically analyse and creatively solve intellectually complex, specialized professional engineering problems relevant to civil and structural engineering.
Learners are able to:
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
• Equip learner with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 4, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Structural Analysis
• Advanced Engineering Materials
• Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
• Project, Design and Construction Management
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.