Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering (Blended Learning)
The Advanced Diploma in Cost Engineering will give you an effective start to your professional career or give you a step up to higher education. Most students who complete this online Cost Engineering course then become Cost Engineers, Cost Controllers or Estimators, or go on to complete a Bachelor’s Degree at university. In addition, an Advanced Diploma is a well respected qualification in industry wherefore employers value the skills that you gain on this programme.
Moreover, it can lead to a rewarding professional career for both men and women in the construction industry. Therefore, the Cost Engineering course is designed to teach you the methods, principles, techniques and terminology that will then enable you to work as a successful Cost Engineering professional.
Learners are able to:
• Teach learner the methods, principles, techniques and terminology that will then enable you to work as a successful Cost Engineering professional.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
• Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
• Construction Materials and Scope of Works
• Project Scheduling
• Method of Measurements and Estimation
• Construction Procurement and Tendering
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification