Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying (Blended Learning)
Firstly, our Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying course is an accessible step onto a rewarding career path or higher education. Quantity Surveyors are responsible for calculating the budget and costs of a building project. Most importantly, the role combines managerial work with technical work into one highly skilled position.
Furthermore, it’s a highly responsible job and the salary reflects that, but employers are struggling to fill the demand. Despite being a centuries-old practice, Quantity Surveying is a relatively new discipline in academia in contrast to something like Civil Engineering. As a result, employers are facing a skills shortage as the number of graduates is not meeting the number of Quantity Surveyors needed.
Learners are able to:
• Responsible for calculating the budget and costs of a building project.
• Take advantage of a global skills shortage in the industry.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamental of Engineering Drawings
• Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
• Managing Sustainable Construction
• Construction Project Scheduling
• Methods of Measurements and Estimation
• Construction Contract Law
• Cost Planning and Control
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification