Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as those in electrical and electronics engineering required to service and maintain healthcare equipment. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in biomedical engineering.
The advanced diploma in biomedical engineering instills a wide range of skills that may be applied to develop software, instrumentation, image processing, and mathematical models for simulation. Biomedical engineers are employed in hospitals, clinical laboratories, medical equipment manufacturing companies, medical equipment service and maintenance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, assistive technology, and rehabilitation engineering manufacturing companies and research centers.
Learners are able to:
• Instills a wide range of skills that may be applied to develop software, instrumentation, image processing, and mathematical models for simulation.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in biomedical engineering.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Basic Electrical Engineering
• Technical and Specification Writing
• Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
• Engineering Drawings
• Printed Circuit Board Design
• Anatomy and Physiology for Engineering
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification