Advanced Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, and construction sites. Upon completion of this program, you will gain advanced skills and knowledge in civil and structural engineering.
This program aims to impart the necessary civil and structural engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Eight threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of civil and structural engineering. These threads comprise of environmental issues, engineering technologies, drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, construction sites, and engineering management.
Learners are able to:
• Covers accessing, inputting and storing information used in manufacturing, engineering or related environments, using computing technology.
• Give learner maximum, functional coverage in the field of civil and structural engineering.
• Impart the necessary civil and structural engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Interact with computing technology
• Organise and communicate information
• Produce basic engineering graphics
• Use basic construction in engineering
• Use statics in engineering
• Manage self in the engineering environment
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification