Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as instrumentation, automation and process control, industrial data communications, process plant layout, project and financial management, and chemical engineering. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
There is a shortage of automation, instrumentation, and control engineers around the world, due to retirement, restructuring, and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. Many industrial automation businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced automation engineers despite paying outstanding salaries.
Learners are able to:
• Covers a variety of skills such as instrumentation, automation and process control, industrial data communications, process plant layout, project and financial management, and chemical engineering.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Practical Instrumentation for Automation and Process Control
• Practical Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering (for Non-Chemical Engineers)
• Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
• Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
• Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
• Best Practice in Industrial Data Communications
• Practical Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Degree programme or a level 6 professional qualification