BA (Hons) 3D Games Art & Design
This course focuses on high-end 3D games art and has been recognised as one of the best courses of its kind. It explores the digital modelling of characters and environments, shading techniques and level creation. You will explore the design side as well by using the latest software in our award-winning Film, Music and Media Building. You’ll discover how to create optimised shapes and textures and apply them to real-time 3D graphics. You’ll also explore games and gaming trends, looking at scenarios that can be applied to PCs, consoles and interactivity and VR. This course is accredited by Creative Skillset, reflecting the highest standard of teaching.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Experience high levels and intensive engagement with the latest software and animation techniques.
• Explore game narrative and interactivity.
• Concentrates on essential skills needed such as design of character, narrative and drawing.
• Expert in areas regarding conceptual research, artwork and design for major project such as creating assets, teams create.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Animated Thinking: histories, theories, contexts
• CG Practices and Techniques
• Digital Art
• Creativity, Concept and Story
• Moving Image
• Games Design
• Interactivity and Professional Practices for Games
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career through professional work-based learning. You will be paid UK minimum wage for a 20hour a week placement for the duration of your course, and will also be awarded an accredited Level 6 professional qualification from a UK awarding body.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme
There are no reviews yet.