BA (Hons) Arts in Education
Arts in all their forms are influencing our lives more than ever before, becoming part of our culture through the TV, web and social media.
Our degree in Arts in Education explores these rich themes and consider how they affect educational opportunities. It also brings practical study into the course with opportunities to work with leading arts organisations.
If you are open-minded, creative and have a desire to explore learning through the arts in all forms :
– poetry, singing and drama, as well as visual arts
– then the Arts in Education course is for you.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• What are the Arts?
• Being Human: The Role of the Arts in Human Development
• Professional Identities in the Arts and Education
• Valuing the Arts
• Meaning and Feeling in the Arts
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification