BA (Hons) Business Studies with Leadership and Management
Leadership and management skills are critical to the success of all organisations. Future leaders require both the knowledge and soft skills to deal with complex, uncertain and dynamic situations.
This programme route provides you with the opportunity to engage with a range of contemporary
management issues and themes, and to apply such learning through a range of real business
scenarios live case studies and collaborative activities. You will explore what it takes to lead innovation and change, collaborate across industries and sectors, deliver sustainable strategies and
flourish in a global and diverse environment.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Insight into the role of accounting as a decision-making tool for business and managerial decision making.
• Make suitable decisions based on this information.
• Understand the economic context of modern business by introducing and developing an appreciation of the value of economic approaches, principally through examining the role and functioning of the market.
• Explored along with economic analysis such as demand and supply, competition and macroeconomics (e.g. inflation)
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Accounting Aspects of Business
The module provides an introduction to accounting from the manager’s viewpoint, providing an insight into the role of accounting as a decision-making tool for business and managerial decision-making.
• Analysing and Managing Business Data
This module will introduce students to the tools and techniques necessary to uncover information in data sets in order to be able to make suitable decisions based on this information.
• Business and Markets
This module aims to enable students to understand the economic context of modern business by introducing and developing an appreciation of the value of economic approaches, principally through examining the role and functioning of the market. The market is of principal importance in the modern economic environment in which business, citizens and governments operate.
• Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
The module provides an introduction to the nature of organisations in relation to both theory and practice. Students will identify and summarise relevant theory relating to management, leadership, motivation and performance. This will be applied to workplace examples. Students will compare leadership and management practices and the relationship between management style and motivation and performance. Understanding the different types of organisational structures and cultures will be developed and the formal and informal influences which determine structure and culture in different organisations.
• The Business Professional
The module provides students with a series of academic skills and study strategies which will underpin their subsequent studies. Students will be able to identify a variety of study strategies to enhance their learning and maximise the opportunities offered to them by the virtual learning environment. These will include Harvard referencing, academic writing, time planning and revision techniques.
• Understanding Marketing
This marketing module assumes no prior knowledge of marketing and aims to introduce students to some of the key concepts of marketing. It is designed for Business students to gain an overall appreciation of the field of marketing. Students will understand the importance of marketing within the organisation and how other functions interact it. Students will explore key marketing theories and planning tools in the context of current practice.
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career through professional work-based learning. You will be paid UK minimum wage for a 20hour a week placement for the duration of your course, and will also be awarded an accredited Level 6 professional qualification from a UK awarding body.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme
There are no reviews yet.