BA (Hons) Culinary Arts Management
If you want a qualification that will really open doors in the food industry, our Culinary Arts Management degree course is the perfect choice for you. From Michelin-starred restaurant owner Brad Carter to Raymond Blanc Cookery School senior tutor Rebecca Boast and a string of stars on the BBC’s MasterChef TV series our students have enjoyed stellar careers after graduating from this course – and you can follow in their footsteps.
Whether you want to be executive head chef at a 5-star hotel, manage a high-profile restaurant kitchen or create new products as a development chef, our flagship culinary course will give you the skills, knowledge and experience you need. From our incredible professional training kitchens
and our award-winning Restaurant at Birmingham College of Food to our cutting-edge Food Science and Innovation Suite and our expert chef lecturers, there is no place better for you to perfect your culinary skills.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Commodities, Health and Nutrition
• Culinary Arts Development
• Food, Beverage and Hospitality Operations
• Kitchen and Restaurant Operations
• Managing for Profit
• Developing Employability for Hospitality
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification