BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
Early childhood is viewed as the most formative period of our lives, shaping the foundations for our whole future. If you are passionate about working with young children and their families, our Early Childhood Studies (Graduate Practitioner) degree will give you the knowledge and experience to become a highly qualified graduate practitioner and open the doors to a rewarding career helping to meet the needs of children.
One of the first UK degrees to incorporate the new Graduate Practitioner Competencies status, our early childhood course will assess you in nine key areas and grant you a licence to practise in a variety of areas within the sector when you graduate, as well as helping you stand out among the
competition. You will learn about key characteristics of childhood, wider issues around development and how to help children grow by creating new learning opportunities such as play-based learning.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Play
• Growth, Learning and Development
• Introduction to the Early Years Framework
• Nurturing Children’s Health and Well-being
• Pioneers, Pedagogy and Philosophy
• The Child in Society
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.