BA (Hons) Education Studies
If you are passionate about how education has shaped your life and wider issues facing the world, and believe it is vital to address topics such as sustainability and social justice, then Education Studies is for you.
Our course explores some big questions underpinning education through the lens of psychology, sociology, history and philosophy. You will engage with the issues that influence approaches to learning and will be able to compare education systems in a variety of countries and cultures to build
an understanding of how people learn and develop throughout their lives.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Orientation to Higher Education
• How do Humans Think and Learn?
• The Power of Words
• What are Schools For?
• An Introduction to Learning in Natural Environments
• Responding to Refugees
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.