BA (Hons) Film and Media
Study film and the fascinating world of the media. Apply critical thinking and analysis and develop the transferable skills of problem solving, communication and presentation. Combine academic research with practical application, developing the talents to join an exciting and ever changing industry.
This distinctive course offers a rich and diverse range of exciting subjects. Study film and media theory alongside practical-based modules in film production. You’ll cover the historical contexts and contemporary debates in film, media and cultural studies, exploring and examining areas including film theory and analysis, screen genres, scriptwriting, the study of mass media, and cultural representation.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Media and Cultural Studies
• Introduction to Film Studies
• History of Cinema
• Contemporary Cinema
• Production Skills
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification