BA (Hons) Hospitality and Tourism Management
If you aspire to manage tourist attractions, hotels and resorts, or if you want to work in travel consultancy, our Hospitality and Tourism Management degree course can open the door for you to enter a variety of sought-after careers in these sectors.
As the hospitality industry increasingly focuses on international visitors and partnering with the tourism industry, there is a huge demand in the UK and overseas for managers who understand both sectors and know how to tailor hospitality services for visitors from around the world. Accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, our course will give you a strong foundation of knowledge and skills for the industry before putting your learning into practice in the real world on a 12-month paid work placement, with exciting opportunities in the UK, USA, Canada, Hong Kong and elsewhere.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Food, Beverage and Accommodation Applications
• Hospitality and Tourism Business Principles
• People and Organisations
• Employability Enhancement
• The Hospitality and Tourism Customer Experience
• Travel Geography
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification