BA (Hons) Journalism
On BA (Hons) Journalism you will learn all the essential skills of journalism, producing content for a wide range of print and online platforms. We will teach you how to write and research news stories and feature articles; you will create video and interactive content; design newspaper, web and magazine pages; and become adept in using all the latest digital storytelling tools for websites and social media. You will also study the development of journalism and its principles and ethics.
A key element of this course is the range of optional subjects you can take, among them modules in sports writing, fashion journalism broadcasting, public relations, podcasting, scriptwriting and investigative journalism.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Essential Journalism
• Media Histories
• Feature Writing
• Essential Media Law and Regulation
• Digital Storytelling
• Video Journalism
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.