BA (Hons) Social Science
Dive deep into the social sciences to understand and analyse the key issues affecting society. Explore business management, criminology, psychology, sociology and sport, and learn how to apply the latest theories to a wide range of real-world situations.
Social Science degree provides you with the opportunity to study human behaviour and actions, offering you a broader scope than many conventional social science programmes.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Classical Social Theory
• Crime, Media and the State
• Live Well and Prosper
• Debating the 21st Century
• Forensic Investigation
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification