Bachelor of Science (Civil & Structural Engineering) (Blended Learning)
Civil engineers are responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure around us gets developed, is safe, meets our needs, and improves our quality of life. This includes buildings, bridges, railways, tunnels, water distribution, and waste management networks. This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as a civil and structural engineering technologist. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
Learners are able to:
• Involved in sustainable urban development, environmental protection, conservation of energy and water resources, or even geotechnical, hydraulic, or transport engineering.
• Acquired the essential knowledge which underpins both this and other fields of engineering.
• Responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure around us gets developed, is safe, meets our needs, and improves our quality of life.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
• Engineering Dynamics + Mechanics
• Industrial Experience Research Project
• Engineering Mathematics 2
• Structural Mechanics
• Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification