Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering) (Online Learning)
Mechanical engineers are responsible for the design, manufacture, and operational processes of anything that moves, from the tiniest, simplest micro-particles to the largest, most complex spacecraft and everything in between. As a mechanical engineer, you have a skill set that is applicable to many industries in the world, including automotive, transport, manufacturing, power generation, medical, consumer goods, and more.
This practical qualification will ensure you graduate job-ready as a mechanical engineering technologist. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest mechanical engineering technologies.
Learners are able to:
• Acquire fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the key core units of the mechanical engineering discipline.
• Demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors, and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized to engineering applications.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Electrical Circuit Theory and Analysis
• Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
• Engineering Design and Drawing
• Industrial Experience Research Project
• Hydraulics and Pneumatics
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification