BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical engineers are responsible for developing engineering solutions to help solve medical problems.
Our degree will enable you to be part of exciting product developments including robots to help the disabled walk, advanced prosthetics, machines for complex treatments, diagnostic equipment and artificial organs. You can also get involved in smart technologies and applying them to transmit data directly to clinics, minimising the need for patient travel.
Biomedical engineering is a dynamic and exciting area of growth and innovation, and one which will develop rapidly in the coming years.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Professional Practical Engineering (with Mechatronics Project)
• Mathematics and Computing for Engineers
• Introduction to Engineering Design
• Introduction to Electro-Mechanical Systems and Practice
• Introduction to Material Engineering Characteristics & Manufacture
• Placement Module
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification