BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to work effectively in a modern manufacturing engineering environment. We’ve built up strong links with industry, including regional manufacturing giants such as Nissan, and our teaching reflects their requirements.
Teaching is also enriched by research into areas such as automotive mechatronics, manufacturing systems and advanced maintenance. This course will provide you with a good range of engineering skills and knowledge in manufacturing engineering and management as well as both the mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics
• Design, Drawing and Practical Skills
• Manufacturing and Materials
• Applied Mechanics
• Energy Conversion
• Electronic and Electrical Principles
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification