BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
You’ll benefit from our Business School’s extensive links with industry. Guest speakers are regularly invited to share their knowledge with our students, and our ‘Business Futures’ weeks offer the chance to connect with businesses.
You’ll have excellent opportunities to undertake work placements, supported by a dedicated placement officer.
We recognise the importance of professional body accreditation and the course is structured to allow you to gain exemptions from major accounting bodies.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Financial Accounting
• Introduction to Management Accounting
• Business and Information Analysis
• Academic and Professional Skills for the Business Context
• Managing People in Organisations
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme