BSc (Hons) Chemistry for Drug Discovery
Taught using the “Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate” education method, this course has been designed to help you confidently develop your knowledge and skills and achieve your full potential.
You will learn how to apply scientific knowledge to contemporary challenges and develop your practical skills through a significant amount of laboratory work. This means that you get to spend more time “doing science”, making learning more effective and exciting. You will also have the chance to gain further skills as part of our ‘Added Value’ programme and collaborate with biotech companies through the Life Sciences Industry Liaison Lab and advisory companies such as FAST Brogdale.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Physical Chemistry and Thermodynamics
• General Chemistry
• Fundamental Chemistry Theory and Practical
• Mathematics and Computing
• Introduction to Drug Discovery
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.