BSc (Hons) Events Management
Fancy learning what it takes to run a large-scale event like the Olympics?The UK’s growing events industry has created a demand for qualified professionals. As well as developing your analytical and critical skills and knowledge of current trends, the course will give you hands-on experience in pitching and delivering events.
From bookkeeping, to project management, this course will give you the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in the events industry. Opportunities also include an international field trip in your first year, and the ability to learn a language alongside your studies.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Developing Academic and Professional Skills (DAPS)
• Introduction to Events
• Current Trends in Issues in Tourism, Events and Hospitality
• Marketing Principles and Practice for Tourism, Events, Sport and Hospitality
• Introduction to Accounting for Tourism, Events, Sport and Hospitality
• Contemporary Language
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification