BSc (Hons) Food and Nutrition
Nutrition has become a major talking point in modern society. Governments are working to emphasise the importance of diet and fitness, while food-related research and new products are reported in the media on an almost daily basis. By studying our Food and Nutrition degree, you will gain the scientific knowledge and specialist background in nutrition that the industry is craving.
Developed in accordance with guidelines from the Association for Nutrition (AfN), our Food and Nutrition course allows you to explore food science as well as the skills required for food preparation. It covers a vast range of core competencies in the sector including science, the food chain, social and behavioural aspects, health and wellbeing and professional conduct.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Culinary Skills for Nutrition
• Food Manufacture
• Food Science
• Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
• Introduction to Nutrition
• Public Health and Nutrition
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification