BSc (Hons) Game Development
This course equips you with the necessary technical skills to develop games both independently and within a multidisciplinary environment, backed by industry standard practices. You will have the opportunity to develop games for platforms such as PC, mobile and console. With a focus on programming, you will become adept in games programming using industry relevant languages (e.g. C#, C++) and mathematical concepts through popular game engines such as Unity, and the Unreal Engine. You’ll work with other students to develop games as part of a games studio environment, simulated in our specialised games lab.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals of Computing
• Introduction to Game Development
• Personalised Skills Development
• Software Enterprise Project
• Rapid Game Prototyping
• Object Oriented Game Development
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.