BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care
This course gives you the opportunity to gain critical understanding of integrated health and social care welfare structures and processes, as well as advanced theoretical knowledge and skills in practice and management in the sector. You can study this course on either a full or part-time basis.
The completion of at least one (and optionally two) placements enables you to gain practical, realworld experience of a health and social care environment. Each of the routes maintain a strong basis in social sciences and have been developed to address both student and employer needs. The new routes allow you to develop the attributes you need to succeed in these roles.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Foundations of Policy, Practice and Inequalities in Health and Wellbeing
• Biopsychosocial Theory
• Everyone’s Accountable: Safeguarding to Promote, Prevent, Protect
• Living with Disability: Culture and Identity
• Researching Society with Placement
• Health Inequalities and Lifestyle ‘Killers’
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification