BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
Whether its helping patients recover from surgery, sports injuries, accidents and strokes or supporting people with disabilities and long-term illness, the role of a physiotherapist cannot be underestimated. Our Physiotherapy degree will give you the empowering skills to kick-start your career in this rewarding, science-led field.
Gaining a strong foundation of anatomical knowledge, you will learn how to diagnose and rehabilitate across a range of conditions, as well as how to prevent illness and disease and apply your wealth of knowledge to complex situations. You will gain substantial practical experience honing your physiotherapy skills through work placements in a range of real-life environments. This hands-on education is not only essential for the course but enables you to experience the dynamic areas where a physiotherapist may work. Plus, you will have access to some of the most cutting-edge training facilities in the country, including our purpose-built simulation suite and strength and conditioning suite.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Human Anatomy and Physiology
• Academic and Professional Development
• Musculoskeletal Studies 1
• Health across the Lifespan
• Neurological Studies
• Cardiovascular and Respiratory Studies 1
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification