CIOB Chartered Membership Programme (Online Learning)
Most importantly, becoming a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building is a proud moment in a construction professional’s career. So, having the letters MCIOB after your name shows potential clients and employers that you’re a hard worker and high achiever.
Additionally, an MCIOB can get involved in the Professional Review Management Board, receive invitations to high-profile meetings and even get certain discounts. Above all, being an MCIOB shows you have profound experience and knowledge in construction with
commitment to the industry.
Indeed, there are various routes to becoming an official MCIOB. This route is for those who have at least 5 years of management experience in construction but don’t have a high enough qualification (a Level 7 NVQ, for example).
Learners are able to:
• Profound experience and knowledge in construction with a commitment to the industry.
• Assessed through practical project scenarios in order to demonstrate what the learner learned.
• Provide the learner with knowledge and skills that learner can then take forward with learner into learner flourishing management career.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Construction Technology
• Contract and Commercial Practice
• Health, Safety and Environment
• Design Process in Relation to the Built Environment
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification