Graduate Certificate in Civil – Railways Infrastructure Engineering (Online)
This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the railway engineering industry. You will receive high level professional and technical development from engineers working with track and the infrastructure in the rail corridor.
Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in railway infrastructure. The billions of dollars’ worth of public and private resources invested in rail track infrastructure around the world demand a well-trained and competent engineering workforce for the safe and efficient operation of the track and associated assets. However, developments over the past twenty years, such as downsizing of public railway authorities, increased retirement of experienced employees, privatization, and the rapid expansion of the rail industry have left engineers with severely limited pathways to upskill themselves quickly.
Learners are able to:
• Equip learner with the necessary skills to address the demands of the railway engineering industry.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in railway infrastructure.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 2, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Railway Operations
• Introduction to Railways Management
• Ballast Sleepers and Fasteners
• Rail and Related Track Structures
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Diploma programme or a level 5 professional qualification