Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
This course has been created to develop and reward the health and social care workers of today and the future. Diploma in Health and Social Care gives recognition and professionalism to the health and social care sector. Further Diploma in Health and Social Care Qualification provides a realistic and broad opportunity for Learners seeking career and professional development. Further it will support students in realizing their potential and by association the prospects of the organisations they work with or for.
The objectives of this Qualification of this qualification is to:
- provide career path support to Learners who wish to develop their care and career opportunities in their sector;
- improve understanding of the health and social care environment, organisations and how they are managed and developed; and
- develop skills and abilities in Learners to support their professional development
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 16. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
The Diploma requires 4 Mandatory Units and a minimum of 2 Optional Units.
- An Introduction to Health and Social Care
- Communication for Health and Social Care
- Promoting Health in the Population
- Person-Centred Care
- Understanding Diabetes Care
- Understanding Stroke Care
- Understanding Dementia Care
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you can look to secure permanent employment
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic programme or a level 4 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme