Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security (Online Learning)
This course has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector but require basic knowledge and competences in the field of Cyber Security (which includes sub-disciplines of compliance, digital media risk management, security risk management, to name a few) without undertaking any technical level of proficiency.
Students studying for the Diploma in Cyber Security will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding; the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
Learners are required to complete six units (five mandatory units and one elective unit)
- Cyber Security Threat and Risk
- Network Security and Data Communications
- Database Security and Computer Programming
- Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics
- Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation
- Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance
- Cyber Wars
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you can look to secure permanent employment
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic programme or a level 5 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme