Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology (Blended Learning)
This qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
IT involves installing, organizing, maintaining computer systems, designing, operating databases, and networks.
For those who want to combine business and IT skills, there’s an increasing demand for positions in the management of information technology.
If you want to become an IT professional, you should enjoy using software, installing computer systems, and maintaining databases and networks.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 4, for example, HNC.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
Learners must achieve all four core units and any two elective units.
- Network Security
- C#.NET Programming
- System Administration
- Network Routing and Switching
- Network Design and Administration
- Content Management Systems
- Web Design
- Business to Business (B2B) E-commerce
- Business to Consumer (B2C) E-commerce
Learners would like to undertake the “Diploma in IT” cannot choose the combination of electives that lead to a specialise qualifications in Networking, Web design or E Commerce.
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic honours programme or a level 6 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme