Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
The objective of this course is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry.
Learners would look to;
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills.
- investigate issues and opportunities.
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational, and environmental issues.
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways.
- make use of relevant information from different sources.
- develop and encourage problem-solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges.
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social, and other transferable skills
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 21. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7, for example, Masters degree.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
This course consists of 5 mandatory units and 3 optional units.
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Potential
- Managing Strategic Change
- Project Development, Planning and Management
- Advanced Research Design and Methodologies
- Developing Research Capability
Optional units: Choose any THREE:
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Strategic Marketing
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you can look to secure permanent employment
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on a research proposal for DBA/DProf/PhD
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme.
There are no reviews yet.