Level 8 Diploma In Strategic Management And Leadership
This course provides a realistic and broad opportunity for Learners seeking career and professional development. They will support Learners in realising their potential and by association the prospects of the organisations they work with or for. The issues and concepts dealt with as part of this suite of Qualifications are best explored through exposure to organisations, for any full-time Learners work placements are encouraged so that genuine experience and insight can be gained. Problem solving and creativity are attributes encouraged and developed in Learners through all the Units.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem-solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
The Level 8 Diploma focuses upon developing understanding, skills and abilities to equip the Learner with the awareness and aptitudes to be an effective strategic manager and leader.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7, for example, Masters.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Leadership Qualities and Practice
- Personal Leadership Development as a Strategic Manager
- Strategy Development in Cross Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Planning in Cross Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Direction in Cross Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Communication
- Culture and its Impact on Strategy
- Research Methods
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you can look to secure permanent employment
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on a research proposal for DBA/DProf/PhD
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme