MA Childhood and Youth Studies
Passionate about working with children and young people? Ready to take your career with children and young people further? Then this groundbreaking and highly flexible postgraduate course could be perfect for you.
You will be taught by experienced and passionate lecturers with professional backgrounds in children and young people, early years, and youth work. A diverse range of learning opportunities and assessments are provided which encourage you to consider how academic understandings relate to practice for those working with children and young people. You will develop your knowledge and skills in research which will enable you to undertake advanced research projects in the social sciences.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Childhood and Youth Studies or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning
• Childhood and Youth Studies Dissertation
• Contemporary Issues in Childhood and Youth Studies
• Leadership in Community Contexts
• Theorising Childhood and Youth Studies
• Negotiated Study
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification