MA Journalism /Journalism (sport)
Learn to be a journalist in our real-world newsroom – the mediaHUB where you will work alongside journalists from the BBC and national and regional media. Publish your work on our websites and develop a portfolio of content that will launch your career; graduates have gone on to work at BBC News and Sport, Sky Sports News, national newspapers and magazines, football clubs and PR Firms.
Whatever your previous study or experience, this MA will give you all the skills you need to become a Journalist. Cover core reporting skills, media ethics and law, video and digital content, and investigative journalism techniques. Stay mainstream, or choose the sports pathway and learn a range of specialist sports journalism skills. In the final stage of the course you will produce your own series of in-depth articles on a subject of your choice. Those who specialise in Sports can graduate with MA Journalism (Sports).
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Journalism or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Practical Journalism
• Essential Media Law
• Digital and Video Journalism
• Investigative Journalism
• Journalism Practical Project
• Essential Media Law
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification