MSc Finance and Accounting
Are you fascinated by today’s complex global financial environment Thinking of changing career, or just want to develop your skills and knowledge for the finance sector? Our Finance and Accounting postgraduate course will help mould you into a strong decision-maker, able to deal with the accounting and finance-related challenges facing local and international organisations in the modern world.
Our Finance and Accounting course encourages you to engage with real-world business problems throughout your studies. Working closely with professional practitioners, you will be exposed to the latest technology and become familiar with the essential digital tools used in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to learn within a live environment in our state-of-the-art Financial Trading Suite, one of the biggest among all UK universities and the first to be powered by Infront Professional Terminal.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Accounting and Finance or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Corporate Finance for Managers
• Data Analysis for Management
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Financial Markets and Institutions
• Governance and Ethics
• Management Accounting for Decision Making
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme