MSC Global Public Health
Public health reaches beyond local and national dimensions, people and communities across the world require global solutions.
The core concept underpinning this Global Public Health course is the examination, analysis and reflection upon complex health determinants in an increasingly globalised world. You will explore the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and public health challenges contributing towards global inequalities.
The central aspects of the course include creating an environment for interdisciplinary and interprofessional learning through embedding research and scholarship within the course, enhancing engagement with public health and wider health industry stakeholders and integrating the development of employability skills throughout. The course will use traditional face-to-face learning, combined with an innovative blended learning approach that will support you within a flexible learning environment.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Public Health or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Global Health and Sustainable Development Goals
• Evidence Based Global Public Health
• Essentials of Global Epidemiology
• Health Promotion: Thinking Globally, Actin Locally
• Global Public Health Research Project
• Environment, Health and Sustainable Development
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification