MSC International Relations (Security Studies)
Our MSc International Relations will help you tackle the ‘big issues’ in international politics with confidence and curiosity, equipping you for career paths in local, national, and international arenas thanks to innovative modules and a ‘calling card’ thesis.
In the course, you will be introduced to the fundamental principles of global interaction, and refine your knowledge within specialist classes. You will learn in a systematic and engaging way about the origins, evolution and multifaceted character of the international political system. The Security Studies specialism provides specialist insights on power, influence and governance within key national, regional and international structures.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in International Relations or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Research Methods 1: Introduction to Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches
• Research Methods 2: Advanced Research Methodology
• Advanced Principles of International Relations
• Critical Issues in Politics and International Relations: Shifting Perspectives
• Contemporary Security (Specialised Module 1)
• Security in the Digital Age (Specialised Module 2)
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification
- You may also wish to start your own business through our enterprise education programme
Experiential Learning (APEL)