MSc Mechanical Engineering
This course will cover a range of topics at the cutting edge of the discipline using the latest digital tools. You’ll study core aspects of Mechanical Engineering along with their application in design and manufacturing. The project module will also develop your research skills and you’ll learn how to apply the latest technologies to real and current engineering problems.
Project work will be a strong focus of the course and you’ll learn interactively by applying the skills you develop using our recently upgraded lab facilities.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Research in Practice
• Advanced Mechanical Engineering
• Digital Engineering
• Advanced Materials Engineering
• Engineering Management Practice
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification