MSc Public Health
This course mixes taught elements with independent projects. We support you with guidance and inspiration, and you will negotiate a final project that matches your personal interests. You will analyse the global and national policy, and its practical implications, and have an opportunity to study an area of healthcare in depth.
Public health covers three key domains: Health improvement, which includes monitoring specific diseases, risk factors and inequalities; Improving services, which includes audit, evaluation, service planning and efficiency; and Health protection, which includes responses to infectious diseases and environmental hazards.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Public Health or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Health Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
• Sociological Perspectives and Global Health
• Applied Public Health Practice
• Epidemiology and Health Measurement
• Leadership and Management in Health
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification