MSc Research Cognitive Psychology
Psychology research environment is well resourced with nine dedicated staff, research labs and a suite of experimental cubicles. Laboratories are equipped with High-end PCs and appropriate software (E-prime, Superlab, N-Vivo, Paradigm, SPSS, Observer XT). Hardware of note includes an anechoic chamber, wall-mounted remote controlled CCTV cameras, SMI 3.0 Eye View eye-movement recorder, SMI Eye View X HED Eye-Tracker, GSR, EEG and tCDS, and the BioHarness Telemetry System. Our psychology researchers also have access to a virtual reality laboratory and other digital technologies through cross-school collaborations.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Psychology or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic programme level 8 professional qualification