MSc Research Cyber Security
Cyber Security is globally recognised as a serious concern. The UK government, in their 2010 National Security Strategy, rated cyber attacks as a Tier 1 threat. Despite a national austerity stance, the UK government is spending millions of pounds to ensure that this particular risk is mitigated. MSC Cyber Security is in a unique position to make a contribution to this endeavour due to our spread of research activity across the entire cyber security spectrum and our cross-disciplinary approach to the problem. We also have close ties with industry and law enforcement that ensure that we understand the problems being faced at the coal face. In this way we are able address the real and pertinent issues in the area, and our research can have maximum impact.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Cyber Security or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic programme level 8 professional qualification