MSc Tourism Hospitality
An MSc is an internationally respected qualification. In one year you will develop the skills and knowledge to advance rapidly in tourism and hospitality management.
This Masters course takes a social science approach to tourism and hospitality and combines it with practical skills for the workplace. You’ll complete theoretical modules ‘Tourism Concepts and Issues’ and ‘Critical Theories and Methods for Tourism, Hospitality and Events’, and in the final phase of the course you’ll complete a major project personal to your interests and career aspirations.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 2.2 class of degree
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 7 in Tourism or related field.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Tourism Concepts and Issues
• Research Methods for the Service Sector
• Hospitality Management Studies
• Current Practices in the Visitor Economy
• Tourism and Hospitality Major Project
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20 hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of £712 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic level 8 professional qualification