Professional Certificate of Competency in Big Data and Analytics in Electricity Grids (Blended Learning)
Energy and utilities are taking advantage of the technology boom! They are turning knowledge into power by using big data & analytics in informing their decision-making and customer journey. This course explores the use of big data & data analytics in electricity grids using applied industry-focused case studies.
The 12-week part-time course, led by an industry expert will provide you with a practical, in-depth view of the use of data analytics and machine learning to solve problems in electricity production and distribution.
Learners are able to:
• Explores the use of big data & data analytics in electricity grids using applied industry focused case studies.
• Provide you with a practical, in-depth view of the use of data analytics and machine learning to solve problems in electricity production and distribution.
• Learn how to make use of powerful machine learning models such as Artificial Neural Networks and decision trees.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Data analytics and machine learning basics
• Data flow and feature engineering
• Mathematical background
• Algorithms (I)
• Applications (I)
• Case studies (I)
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification