Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection & Maintenance (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need a solid understanding of the fundamentals of their control valve design, installation, and troubleshooting.
The control valve is the part of the control loop that not only requires integration with modern data collection methods. It also involves mechanical features, as well as occupational health and safety issues not associated with other parts of the control loop (such as noise).
Learners are able to:
• Help learner understand what happens inside a control valve from a basic fluid mechanics point of view.
• Learn to choose between different characteristics on offer, understand the advantages and disadvantages of different seat leakage rates, and understand the failure modes for control valves and demonstrate new approaches to troubleshooting.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Types of Control Valves
• Basic Sizing for Liquids
• Basic Sizing for Gases and Vapours
• Inherent and Installed Flow Characteristics
• Cavitation and Flashing
• Noise Prediction and Treatment
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification