Professional Certificate of Competency in Gas Turbine Engineering (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills in the latest practices and technologies in gas turbine engineering.
The gas turbine engineering function in any organization encompasses many disciplines, including the different aspects of gas turbine plant operation and facility management.
Learners are able to:
• Give learner a comprehensive overview of gas turbine engineering, along with numerous practical application tips and shortcuts to engineering problem-solving.
• Learn how to understand selection and design-related parameters so that you can identify and select a suitable system for a particular application.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• General Overview of Gas Turbines
• Fundamental Gas Turbine Cycle Thermodynamics
• Gas Turbine Components
• Materials of Construction
• Bearings and Seals
• Lubrication System in Gas Turbines
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification