Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas & Intrinsic Safety For Engineers & Technicians (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the different types of protection, maintenance of safety equipment, and requirements for working with hazardous areas.
This course provides a comprehensive technical approach to hazardous areas. It offers detailed explanations of the principles involved, the techniques used, the management structures, and the requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards that are now in place. It also explains the subject of explosion protection applied to electrical equipment in such areas.
Learners are able to:
• Understand the different types of protection, maintenance of safety equipment, and requirements for working with hazardous areas.
• Offers detailed explanations of the principles involved, the techniques used, the management structures, and the requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards that are now in place.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 5, for example, HND.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Background and History
• Ignition Characteristics
• Area Classification Theory
• Area Classification Practice
• EX D
• EX types: P, O, Q, M and S
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary of GHC 1500 per month.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification
There are no reviews yet.